Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!



This past Sunday, my family and I celebrated my father's 58th birthday. Trying to get everyone to agree on a venue is always a project, but thankfully we came to a happy medium fairly quickly. The choices were somewhere sort of healthy (my IDEAL restaurant), with STEAK (dad's ideal restaurant!). Noda's Japanese Steakhouse in White Plains is where we finally agreed upon. I know dad was pleased to have his loved ones around him. It was especially nice to have Mom, Grandma, and Natalie with us. I sit here and laugh to myself as I recall him telling me the waiters BETTER not come sing to him, and as usual, I replied with an "okay" and ignored his silliness. However, I'm sure he wasn't surprised to hear the 'Happy Birthday' (in Japanese, of course) coming his way. I also know that deep down he didn't mind. Just by looking at the smile on his face in this picture, and all the pictures we took that night, makes me certain that this was a special birthday/evening for my father. He truly is an amazing man. I know I have been blessed to have had his as the man who raised, loved, and taught me so many things in my life. I know my sisters, mother, and anyone that truly knows him, can attest to the special & unique person he is.
We love you, Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay sica! it was lots of fun. great blog, talk later.
xoxo

-NEM