Sunday, March 28, 2010

Florida...Day 1

So, here we are in Land o' Lakes, Florida. Last I heard, Florida is supposed to be the "Sunshine State", but today it's been nothing but RAINING and humid. For our first full day here, I don't so much mind being home bound and doing nothing. Anyone who truly knows me is aware that I am incapable of sitting still for too long. However, after our 18 hour drive, I have appreciated the down time.
I slept wonderfully last night, and had a fantastic run this morning! Since then, we've just been 'vegging out'.

The drive...
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. haha. We tried to sleep as best we could in the car, but truth be told, it was very difficult. My poor neck hurt every time I woke to change positions. Little Joey (who is celebrating his 9th birthday today! yay!) was awake from about 6 in the morning 'til we got here...so, he slept for about 6 hours and was READY to go after that. ha! Our drive from NY to VA was as smooth sailing as possible. I got to bond w/ Shannon's sister-in-law, Josephine, and eventually, we all fell asleep.

After a stop in Virginia for gas and a bathroom break, we drove AGAIN straight to Georgia (I LOVE Georgia), and we then stopped in Cracker Barrel for a delicious breakfast. We were all in very good spirits for a bunch that had been 'car bound' for so long. From there, I took over the driving and Shan and I sang, chatted, and continued on the way. We did make a stop at a 'Waffle House' for a quick bathroom stop, and for all the great things I've heard my Southern friends say about it, perhaps I simply walked into the wrong one. Hmmm?

I'm excited for what the rest of the week will bring..I'm meeting with a college friend on Tuesday, and we have a fun day planned...nothing concrete, but I'm positive it will be wonderful. Wednesday, the Celentano family and I are headed to see the NY Yankees play, and I'm SURE that will be awesome!!! And the rest of the week~who knows where it will take us? What I do know is that I'm grateful that Shannon invited me to spend our Easter Break with her and her family. They are an amazing group of people, and once again, I know I've been blessed by having her and her family in my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.