Saturday, December 19, 2009

Birthday of 2009









So, I'm officially 33 and a week. lol. For whatever reason, this year's birthday had me so stressed out. I have to really learn to 'get out of my head' because it can be destructive. I'm a thinker, but I do have the tendency to over think. I suppose there are times when I feel that by this age, I should have accomplished more with my life than I have. Then I realize, I'm right where I'm supposed to be. I have the best family anyone could ask for, I have a great job filled w/ amazing, caring & amusing friends, and overall, I don't have much to complain about. So, once I got all this to overtake the other thinking, it turned out to be a great day! My students were amazing! They wrote me the sweetest cards. Some of them were VERY funny. At work we celebrated and ate delicious cookies and cupcakes. And, my day ended w/ the Celentano family. Shannon made a delicious pasta dinner for me, and her kids made me a cake! Loved it!! Who could ask for more??? Her son, Joey, was sweet enough to give me his old stuffed animals to 'keep me company' in my apartment! Thanks, Joe! And I was happily surprised with a Posada jersey! I can't wait for the first Yankee Day at work so I can wear it! Maybe I'll just wear it on Opening Day...just to wear it! They made my birthday very special, and I'm truly thankful and grateful for them! I have to say, regardless of how much I 'think', I always have to remember just how Blessed I truly am.

No comments: