Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Recovery -- Day 5

I clearly think it is week 5, and not day 5, as I attempt to do anything and everything within my reach. I have to try harder to just rest. 

Sitting for periods of time can only last so long ... I hate to admit it, but I'm growing restless. Growing restless leads me to walk around the apartment 6x an hour for as many hours as I'm awake. However, I may have pushed myself too much today and ended up immobilized for a few virus at a time. 

I'm 90% off the medication. The Percocet was NOT for me, as it caused me to vomit a few times. That was terribly painful. Motrin has started to cause my belly some discomfort, therefore I am trying to go sans medicine for as long as I can. Today's pain was just too much, though. After doing a few 'normal' things I was wiped and hurt a lot. I finally gave in  and took Motrin. No sense in suffering, although it seems that one way or another I will be. 

Every day is a little better and today I enjoyed a few minutes of fresh air, sunshine and walking. 


Maybe it was just too soon, though. Let's see what tomorrow holds. 

I have spent a good deal of time reading up on healing and other people's processes. It's both encouraging and scary. 

I miss my work friends but haven't had my mom come help me yet. I figure the driving can be a lot, and really, for the most part, I haven't been alone. I've had help when I could get it and a visitor here or there. That's been sweet. This time off is actually allowing me to a spend an extra few hours a day with my sweetie. 

Hopefully today taught me to just rest ... The walking will come, as well as, the blowing out of my hair. It's not worth the discomfort I have afterwards. For now, I have to try take care of me. 






No comments: