Monday, February 24, 2014

A New Year!


We are now two months into 2014 and I suppose I have been so busy that I haven't had time to write. I don't know how true that is, but there has, indeed, been a lot going on.

Earlier in the year I went to the doctor for stomach pain. I figured it was stress, even though he sent me for a battery of tests, and as I thought, it was stress. Between work and life, I have had decisions to make, situations to deal with and handle and sometimes it all becomes too much. However, we have to not lean on ourselves and lean on God more. That's something I find I'm not doing enough of. 

Thankfully my family and friends are all well! My cousin and a friend both had beautiful baby boys the other day! Yay for them! More babies to love! It's amazing how life is happening all around me. All good things! 

Just one month ago my cousin, Alex, and I ran a half-marathon. Running is one of my favorite things to do, and completing this race with my cousin was a great experience! It was her first time in Central Park and my first race since November. I loved it. 


That same day I showered my beautiful friend, Marlene, with happiness at her baby shower! Lots of fun in one day!! 



A few weeks ago we celebrated Justyn's 14th birthday. I can't believe how big he is and what a great kid he is growing up to be. Of course he has the 'typical' teenager tendencies, but overall, he is a good kid who loves his family & basketball. 


We got Nat in on the fun, as well.

In my own life, I'm working at my relationship, working on myself, and have to work hardest on my relationship with God. Everything takes work, determination and time. I'm enjoying myself and my friends, spending time with my loved ones and rediscovering one I knew and loved once before. Together we are trying, growing, praying and taking each day, hug, incident, convo, and laugh, one at a time. 




Just this past weekend I had surgery for a fibroid in my uterus. I'm home recovering now, but the hospital stay wasn't too bad, either. This is me the morning after surgery. 


My family was there and some friends came to visit, as well. I'm glad to be home, and am enjoying the quiet. I miss having people around, miss my work friends and the kids, but quiet is good and at times, necessary. Today was a rough one, but I feel good now, thankfully. This is what my mom does when I'm taking a post-surgery nap::


These are things I have to laugh at and appreciate. 

In the days to come, I have lots of time to recover, recuperate and heal. I also have time to read my Bible, get my report cards done and move around when I can. I hope these next 3-4 weeks are sweet, restful and happy. I will be eager to get back to my 'regular life.' 

No comments: