Friday, April 20, 2012

Too Old For ...

Is there anything we are really 'too old' for? Maybe so. Bangs, though? I'm not yet sure.

This may come across wrong, but I LOVE my hair. I do. I love to highlight it, change up my layers, keep it new and fresh as often as possible. Today, I decided my 'short / long' bangs were too long so I went to get them trimmed. This took all of 4 minutes at the salon. When I left, I thought they looked great. Not too short, not too childish, and they're long enough to be swept to the side. Wonderful!

After a while, though, I started to really look at them and decided I HATED them. Shocking, I know. Too late, though. That's the thing about cutting your hair; you really have to be certain before you go and make these kind of decisions.

To make matters worse, or so I thought, I had a dinner to attend this evening. As I drove there, I looked at my hair every chance I got. I sent Shannon the worst picture of my new hair decided I now have '80s' bangs. Really?

Well, either people were being really nice to me, or the bangs actually look decent. Everyone I saw complimented me on them, which was nice to hear, but difficult to accept as I'd just given myself such a hard time on the way to the event.

So, back to the opening question .. Are we too old for some things? Ice cream with sprinkles --- NEVER. Riding a bike with training wheels --- well, sort of. Bangs? At 35 -- I guess not. :)

3 comments:

Mama Sandy said...

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!

Richard said...

I love the bangs!! Your hair always looks great no matter how you wear/cut it. :)

Jess said...

Hi loves!! You two are SO sweet :) Thanks!! Xoxox
I'm FINALLY getting used to them. Hope you're both GREAT!