Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One More Week!

It's nearing the end of another semester at Hunter. If I read back to this time last year, I will laugh at the craziness I went through when trying to complete the papers I thought I never would. Those feelings of stress, uncertainty, pressure and helplessness are still quite real. I have spent the last three weeks engrossed in papers for the ONLY course I took this semester. The one thing that worked against me was that the professor gave us NO due dates, except for the last day of class. All papers are due then, or before, if we were so motivated. I simply don't work that way. I need dates. I knew, though, that I did not want to wait for the very last minute to get them done. Procrastination has proven that it is not my friend. That being said, with one week left in the semester I've really worked hard within the last month. The 4 hours I put into today's two article responses, and the weekend I worked on my final and two other papers have all been worth it. I just have one more report to write up, and I'll be set. That will be my Saturday, and I'll be okay with it. This is the semester that I decided I was going to put Procrastination to rest--for good. I've done pretty okay, I have to say.
Now, off to sleep...this season's allergies are terrible and adding to my exhaustion! :)

No comments: