Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thoughts of the Evening...

And so again I write...except this time my mind is blank. That statement could bring on MANY jokes from my dear friends. haha I suppose there are just so many things going on around me, I'm not sure where to focus my thoughts.

Today seemed to fly by~~gym, volunteer work with the NYRR, shopping for the weekend, meeting friends for dinner...I should be exhausted, but instead I'm wired. Truth be told, I know exactly who and what is on my mind. But, as one friend told me tonight~I need to stop thinking so much and just let things happen as they will... Much easier said than done. Interestingly enough, I gave another friend that very same advice this afternoon. Overthinking does nothing, really.

Part of me misses camp...it's possible that I miss the routine of the day. But, soon enough we'll be back @ work in a whole new routine...so, I think I'll just truly enjoy each day I have until work begins. Work and grad school, that is. I think it's going to be a good school year. This camp season & first half of the summer proved that positive thoughts and a positive attitude really can have a positive effect on things.

That being said, I head into the weekend with no expectations...only positive thoughts.



No comments: