Saturday, March 21, 2009

Botanical Gardens






Last weekend I went to the Orchid Show at the Botanical Gardens with my dear friend, Madeline. It happened to be a beautiful day, and the Orchid Show was unlike any other I'd ever seen. Well, I'd never actually BEEN to a flower show, and I happened to know that Madeline LOVES Orchids. When I saw an ad for it, I knew she'd ABSOLUTELY love to see it! Now, anyone who knows me could attest to my adoration for flowers. Their scent, beauty, the delicateness of each one simply brings a smile to my face. After seeing the Orchids, I think I may have found a close second (the first being the Calla Lilly)favorite flower. Orchids have so much detail, and there are so many different kinds! I truly was in awe of every one that I saw! Madeline was, as well, and just watching her expression and hearing her excitement brought me SO much joy. It was quite an enjoyable day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful flowers, Jessica. I love flowers too. Any kind or color can brighten an otherwise dull or unhappy day. Hope you are doing well.