Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dad's Birthday Dinner


Last night, we celebrated my Dad's 57th birthday. I think Marisel was in shock @ the realization of his age, but she doesn't know ANY of our ages, so her shock is no surprise to me. lol.
Marisel, Jusytyn, Natalie, Grandma, Dad and I went to Charlie Brown's for dinner. Although it wasn't my #1 choice of dinner venues, Dad wanted to go there, so we did. The night was filled with many laughs and zero drama! My kind of night! I have to say that my father has always been a FATHER. If you have an idea of what a parent should be, my dad is THAT person. He's always been involved in as much of our lives as he could while we were growing up. Even now he tries to be aware of, and advise us on, the events of our lives. I don't have one childhood memory without him, and although he didn't live with us, there wasn't a day he didn't come to see us. I think we're definitely blessed to have my dad as our father. He's taught us a lot. I hope that if I'm blessed w/ children, their father will be as good to them as my dad has been to us.

No comments: