Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Daily Happenings

The past few days have been pretty busy and I'm more tired from being off than I am when I'm at work. Is that possible?

This weekend we spent time at a memorial for Harry's best friends, and at a going away family day for Nat. While both were very different, they were also filled with love, happiness, music and fun! I also managed to run / walk 10 miles on Sunday, but that wasn't very much fun, not as successful as hoped it would have been.

So far, this week has been busy with lunches, tutoring, shopping and such. Monday I met up with some of the girls from my second grade team. We met at Ridge Hill and went to Yard House for lunch. It was good catch up and hear how their summers have been going. After lunch I went to purchase some jewelry for the Bride's Maids at Charming Charlie's. They have beautiful things for very inexpensive prices. Although it's not top quality material, it will serve it's purpose. The small details of the wedding are proving to be costly and slightly stressful. We looked into a photographer, but haven't nailed anyone down yet. Little by little, though, it is all coming together. 

Natalie left for school yesterday. I'm a little sad about it, but my mom is very sad. I felt badly when I spoke with her today. She will miss my sister a lot. Hopefully, the weekend of October 3rd (when we have a mud run) will get here quickly!

Today I went to work to help one of the girls prepare her room as she will be out for a few weeks at the beginning of the school year. I wound up talking more than helping, but still it was nice to be there and among friends. I think tomorrow there will be another lunch with a different group of friends. 

Soon we'll have one more vacation and really, I am glad & very much looking forward to it. I am in need of a break from the stresses around me. Till then, it's dealing with the daily grind and doing so with a smile. 

No comments: