Saturday, October 19, 2013

💓 Teachers for TaTas! 💓

Tomorrow my friends and I will participate in the American Cancer Association's Strides for Breast Cancer Awareness at Orchard Beach. We are all part of team Teachers for TaTas!

Cancer is a terrible disease and it does not discriminate. I recently found out that my cousin was diagnosed. The news scared and saddened me. I can imagine how she feels/felt upon hearing that one of her fears was made real. I'm not sure how I would react/deal with such news. I have to say, from the few conversations we have had, she is strong and remains positive. She's ready to 'kick butt!' 

Being a part of tomorrow's walk now has a different meaning to me. It's now personal. I'm walking for my cousin, Tanya, and for all those who can not walk.  I pray a cure is found for this, and all the cancers that exist. 

Lets go team!!! 

No comments: