Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Time Has Come! Marathon #10

This Sunday I, along with thousands of other runners, will run the New York City TCS marathon! It's the biggest and best in the world! It is my absolute favorite race! This will be my 10th marathon and I wanted to compete and complete it in NYC! 


I believe I have trained harder for this year's race than any in the past. Maybe not harder as opposed to better. I completed almost all of my training runs, which is great. I only missed two long runs, which isn't so bad. Thank God, overall, my health has been good. My rest, not as good as it should have been. 

Tonight, Angela, Paulo and I went to the Javitz Center to get our race bags, numbers and shop the kiosks at the marathon expo. It was a good time, although we spent maybe a bit too much money! That happens if you aren't careful. It's not an inexpensive place. 


This will be Paulo's first marathon! Good luck to him!

I'm excited for Sunday's run. I trained & now I just want to enjoy it! The weather won't be as warm as I'd like, but thankfully it won't be raining. 

Running is my passion and marathons are something I'm able to do, and thank the Lord, do well. Some people think it's crazy to run a marathon, or that I am crazy for doing it. It is my passion and I'm good at it. I'm not the best, but I work hard at my training. It is time consuming, puts a toll on my body, but it also strengthens my mind. I thoroughly enjoy the race itself. That's not something I can say about everything I do. I thank God that I can still run them, and pray I will be able to do so for many more years to come. 

I wish all the runners out there a wonderful and enjoyable run this Sunday! This is what we trained for! 

No comments: