Sunday, September 27, 2009

Decorating the Apartment

Now that I'm all moved in, the next step is to make my apartment ME. The set up of my apartments has always been the same, pictures of family and friends all over, and curtains. Sounds simple, right? Should've been! ha! Over the past two weekends, I have been decorating a little bit here and there. Last weekend, with the help of my sister and mother, I worked on my bedroom & eating area. I put up some mirrors & sconces, bought a new comforter set, and a new dining area set. It definitely added personality to the rooms! This weekend, I worked on curtains and pictures. I was very lucky to have Sue, Candice and Danielle come to help! We worked very hard & learned all about using 'anchors' and a power drill! I feel a little empowered now that I can do these things on my own! Sue did the living room curtains & Candice and Danielle worked on the bedroom ones! I have to say that I love the way they came out! The colors are great, and they make the rooms complete! After those tasks, we tackled the shelves in the living room. Trying to make the holes for the screws to precisely match the holes in the shelves wasn't easy. After a few attempts, we decided to give it a rest. All of the decorating didn't need to be finished at that moment. Through all the determination to get things aligned perfectly, and find places for other objects, there were many laughs & lots of eating! I cooked a small meal, and had other treats to share... it was a good time amongst friends! I am so very thankful and lucky to have such wonderful (and patient) people in my life. When I walk through my door every day, I feel peaceful and happy to be Home.





1 comment:

Sandy said...

Looking good Jessica. Can't wait to see pictures of the completion.
Be Happy!